Tuesday, August 7, 2012

CAMP!

Last week, I went to a Buddhist summer camp.  It was held at Camp Morning Star up in the San Bernardino mountains.  It was a weeklong camp we go to every year.  I went there last year and had a great time.  It was fun to go back and see my old friends and counselors. There was archery, arts and crafts, hiking, swimming, and many other fun things.  I loved the arts and crafts and archery.  In arts and crafts they had practically everything you seemed to need.  Last year, I made a stuffed bear.  A few boys made a huge boat out of mint cans.  It was really cool.  This year, I made a lanyard, a ribbon lei, and fake sushi.  My friends and I entered the sushi in an art contest and won! It was really exciting.

I also liked archery a lot.  I learned how to use a bow and arrow.  It was really fun.  This year, I got only one bullseye, but last year I got two.  It was a great experience because you got to shoot and feel how a bow and arrow was like.  I did better last year though.

It was a great week and I am glad to be home and see my family again.


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had so much fun! I missed you, the house was too quiet!! This was the first year that you were away at camp on your birthday...that was really strange! I loved hearing all about your camp experiences. Xxoo Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I missed you too! Love you!

    ReplyDelete