Sunday, September 2, 2012

Back to school BBQ

On Saturday, I got together with my friends for a back to school BBQ.  My friends who came were: Margot, Alec, Sophie, Stacy, Rachel, and Kaylee.  We played fun things such as cards and drawing faces on balloons.  We also played Hunger Games balloon stomp.  It was really fun.

I think the best game was the balloon stomp.  In the game, we stood on small platforms in the front yard.  When Kaylee said go, we all went in different directions.  I quickly made allies with Margot and we ran and hid.  We found a good hiding place in the gardening shed. The other tributes never would have thought we were inside the shed.  We were there for half the game.  We also heard everything that Katie and Alec were saying.  At that point, Katie and Alec were allies and were tracking us down.  We came out in the middle of the game because Kaylee, the Gamemaker, called us together for a feast.  The feast was a scene in the book were all the tributes needed something desperately.  Margot and I didn't want to go to the feast because people die there all the time.  Shortly after the feast, Katie stepped on Margot's balloon and she died.  The people that were left were Alec, Katie, and myself.  Katie and Alec's alliance broke. Alec and I became allies.  I stole a balloon and told Katie and Alec that if they tried to kill me, I would trick them both. My plan to trick them was to take the stolen balloon, pop it to fake my own death which would force them to fight. I would hide until I was the only one left.  The plan didn't happen though because Alec turned out to be trustworthy by sticking with me. Alec stepped on Katie's balloon and then the game ended.

After the games, we had dinner and had a great time talking outside on the deck.  Katie and I also made a special dessert.  Nobody knew what the dessert was so it was a fun surprise.  The special dessert was creme brûlée.  It was really good.

I had a great time at the BBQ.  It was a great get-together right before school.

-Julie Shiroma

No comments:

Post a Comment