Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Beach Day!

Today, I went to Torrance Beach with my three longtime friends, Alec, Margot, and Sophie.  First, we had a lunch from Chipotle Restaurant.  After that, Margot, Alec and I went in the water to bodysurf.  It was cold but we got use to it.  My sister, Katie didn't go in because she was building a fort of sand near the water.  After a while we joined her. We made a mini plumbing system and a wall to protect a small fort.  We protected Katies' fort, called Fort Ocean, from the water.  The  plumbing system was constructed to drain out the water and the wall was created to protect the fort itself.  The system worked for a little while but we gave up after a few failed attempts. Alec and I went boogie boarding and bodysurfing.  A while later it was time to leave, but when we were packing up, my mom saw something that appeared to be a tortoise. When the mysterious object washed up we realized it was a dead pelican.  I won't go into how it possibly died. Let's just say it was gruesome, but we honored the dead bird and left.

I enjoyed the day.  See you!

-Julie Shiroma

2 comments:

  1. From Susan Nielsen ...

    Sounds like a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you see why it is important to help preserve the natural environment. The ocean you were swimming in looked beautiful. Great pictures and interesting description of your day.

    ReplyDelete