Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day Trip at Downtown

Today my friend, family, and I went on a day trip to downtown Los Angeles.  When we first got there, we went to a place called The Water Court.  There we had lunch.  My mom packed us some rice balls and meat, and our friend brought a Korean dish called kimbap.  Since we were near Angel's Flight, we decided to go ride it.  Angel's Flight is like a tram that goes up and down Bunker Hill.  It is a funicular.  My dad would joke and tell us we had a 50-50 chance of making it down alive, and when we got down safely we told him ''WE BEAT THE ODDS!''  After Angel's Flight we went to the Central Library.  It is a great library with tons of books.  I got a book about the trojan war.  Then, we hopped on the redline subway train and goldline and went to Chinatown.  We got a cool drink and went to a souvenir shop.  I bought three bracelets.  After an exciting day we jumped on the bus and went home.
It was a fun day and I hope you enjoy reading about it!

-Julie Shiroma

3 comments:

  1. Julie, Your description of your trip downtown was wonderful. I am puzzled though. I many of your photographs I see three girls. I thought that there were twins in your family, not triplets. Did I miss something? Have you introduced your third companion or is she a spirit hovering by your side when you travel?
    Angel's Flight has been in operation for a long, long time. I went on it with my father when I was your age and that is over 50 years ago. Bunker Hill, the top destination of Angel's Flight was once the home to the elite of Los Angeles. Huge mansions covered the area. It was also the home of one of Los Angele's most famous writers: John Fante. Thanks for bringing downtown alive with your perceptive blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!I am glad you enjoyed the blog and the third person in the photo is just my friend that we invited to come with us. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From Susan Nielsen ...

    Very interesting! The traffic and lack of parking is enough to scare most people away from what downtown LA has to offer. I think Julie should offer her services to the Daily Breeze about local Day Trips and Adventures.

    ReplyDelete